We love our Sun Oven! It’s very easy to use and no different than a conventional oven. You just need to point it at the sun.
We carry this in our motorhome and consider it to be one of the most valuable pieces of prepper gear we have. If we didn’t think so we wouldn’t take up valuable space in the RV. The main reason is that it is has it’s own fuel source, the sun. We don’t have to gather wood to start a fire. We don’t have to drive to get propane or kerosene. This thing is made to last and it’s lightweight at 22 lbs. One of our best buys.
- 4 Chicken Thighs (no skins or bones)
- 3 Potatoes
- 4 Carrots
- ½ Onion
- 1 Garlic Bulb
- ¼ teaspoon Thyme
- ¼ teaspoon Rosemary
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Olive Oil
- Prep the vegetables. Peel and chop. Place in a bowl or ziplock bag. Make sure all the potatoes and carrots are close to the same size. This will ensure they cook evenly.
- Cut top off garlic bulb. Just enough so that you see the garlic. (leave peel on)
- Place chicken in a bowl or ziplock bag and coat with half the olive oil and half the spices. Place in Pan. (you can also coat the chicken directly in the pan)
- Place garlic cut side up next to chicken in pan. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Coat the vegetables with the rest of the olive oil and spices. Place on top of the chicken.
- Cover pan and place in oven. Meal is done when meat falls apart with a fork and a fork goes into the vegetables easily.
Whole mushrooms are also good in this dish.